- Directed the site screening of all sites acquired by the Georgia Department of Transportation sites where underground storage tank and potential hazardous waste sites were evident.
- Managed emergency remediation activities at two Georgia Department of Transportation facilities where 1,000 plus gallons of gasoline was released from an underground storage tank and during the filling of an underground storage tank.
- Completed site investigations for twenty plus hazardous waste sites acquired by the Georgia Department of Transportation, including, but not limited to, former wood treatment facilities, battery dump sites and numerous landfills.
- Performed numerous soil remediation and free product removal projects at Department owned and Department acquired properties.
- Supervised seven drill crews for routine geotechnical and environmental drilling operations.
- Supervised numerous geotechnical foundation investigations and prepared foundation recommendations for bridges, roadways and retaining walls.
- Managed the corrective action unit at Georgia’s Environmental Protection Division, Underground Storage Tank Management Program (USTMP) which is responsible for the review and approval of Closure Reports and Corrective Action Plans.
- Directed the USTMP State Contractor’s Program, which was responsible for corrective action and active remediation at sites where the USTs were abandoned or the owner’s were unable to perform these services.
- Administered the federal Leaking Underground Storage Tank Fund, which is allocated to each state to provide for funding and operation of the USTMP office and orphaned tank sites that require remediation.
- Management of environmental consulting firm that has completed
numerous UST closures, Corrective Action Plans – Parts A and B, Phase
I/II Environmental Site Assessments and remediation of petroleum contaminated
Project Experience Profile