- Managed the GDOT's Geotechnical Engineering Staff responsible for performing geotechnical studies for the majority of the bridge and roadway projects in the state.
- Directed geotechnical foundation investigations and prepared foundation recommendations for numerous bridges, structures, and retaining walls for the GDOT. Significant bridge projects include numerous bridges on all interstates, including Metro Atlanta, the Talmadge Bridge Project in Savannah, the Sidney Lanier Bridge and the Torras Causeway in Brunswick, Georgia.
- Directed foundation studies and prepared foundation recommendations for numerous GDOT structures, which consisted of Area Engineers Offices, Area Maintenance Headquarters, District Offices and Rest Areas Structures
- Planned and directed geotechnical investigations and prepared remediation schemes utilizing tieback walls for five major landslides in North Georgia.
- Planned and directed geotechnical investigations and prepared Soil Survey Reports for design and construction of numerous GDOT roadway projects throughout the state, including interstate roadways and state routes.
- Planned and directed geotechnical investigations and developed recommendations for design and construction of numerous GDOT projects constructed over very soft soils and involved geosynthetics, wick drains, staged construction, light-weight embankment and instrumentation.
- Planned and directed geotechnical studies of several airport pavements and provided recommendations on structural capacity for the GDOT.
- Participated in a joint GDOT/FHWA Task Force and developed
recommendations to minimize the effects of approach slab settlement through
the use of a notched approached slab.
- Managed the Environmental Branch of the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), which is responsible for screening of all sites acquired by the GDOT, where underground storage tanks and/or potential hazardous wastes were evident.
- Managed GDOT Consultants and GDOT personnel responsible for performing site investigations, delineating groundwater contaminant plumes, developing remediation plans on several sites where groundwater was contaminated with chlorinated solvents.
- Reviewed scour data and geotechnical data for all interstate bridges over streams and provided recommendations on the scour criticality of these structures.
- Planned and directed geotechnical studies and prepared foundation reports for numerous structures including schools, department stores, and multi story structures for Coleman Testing Laboratory and AT&E.
- Directed technical inspections of earthwork and concrete
for Coleman Testing Laboratory. Also directed laboratory testing of soils
Project Experience Profile